Martin’s teenage child has been walking home with a new group of friends for the past couple weeks. Naturally, Martin felt happy that his son was hanging out with some new faces and expanding his social circle. The other boys in the group seemed to be nice and upstanding, so he didn’t worry too much about it. He never suspected that he might one day need to look for the help of a drug possession attorney to help him figure out how to manage his son’s circumstances and, ultimately, his future.
It turns out that the new group of boys he was hanging out with were part of a ring of drug dealers that were students at his high school. They were hanging out with Martin’s son to use him as a carrier. They would tell him to take bags to different students and he naively followed along, thinking he was doing a favor for a new group of friends. The school’s director eventually learned about the operation, and the person who ended up taking the fall was the one who had the drugs in his possession: Martin’s son.
Perhaps the situation that you are facing (or someone you love) is slightly similar or vastly different. Drug possession charges can spring up from a variety of reasons. The point to keep in mind is that these charges can lead to very serious convictions that are coupled with severe punishments. Whatever your situation could be, you need to seek the guidance of a qualified legal representative.
David M. Smith is a drug possession attorney in Chicago that has taken on many cases and helped countless folks like yourself fight the charges and defend their futures. Considering the fines and prison terms that can result from convictions on drug possession charges, you do not want to take any risks in getting the right advice and the professional defense of a lawyer like David M. Smith on your side. Call today and find out more about how he can help you.
Imagine being in the following situation:
You are a registered sex offender on the national database. This means any person can look online and find your photo in the sex offender database and see a vague description of what you did to get on the list. This is humiliating. Now imagine that one of your neighbors happened to be looking through the registry, and they found your name, photo, address, and crime. They, wanting to be a vigilant neighbor for all of the others, decided to print out and make copies of your profile. They went door to door and even shared photos of it on Facebook. Your local reputation soon turned so sour that you couldn’t walk down the street or go to any local shops without being harassed and ridiculed.
Now imagine that you are in that situation, and you are not guilty of the crime that you were convicted of. That is even more humiliating.
These types of situations, unfortunately, do occur and cause unimaginable distress in the lives of people who have been framed or wrongfully accused of sexual acts.
David M. Smith is a sex abuse lawyer in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, who has handled many cases where people’s livelihoods are compromised by such accusations. Even the fact that they have been accused of sex abuse is enough to alter the way people in the community look at and treat people. Don’t let this type of embarrassing and life-altering experience affect you in the worst ways possible.
Contact the law office of David M. Smith today and find out more about how this qualified, experienced sex abuse lawyer can help you develop and present your defense to preserve your reputation and fight for the best possible outcome considering the heaviness of these charges. The punishments for these crimes are extreme. Don’t let yourself fall victim to the unwarranted accusation of people who might have a vendetta to take you down or make your life miserable. David M. Smith, Attorney at Law, will help you understand your situation and defend you like no one else can!
Sexual assault is a serious crime. This crime is committed when a perpetrator forces a person into sexual acts such as intercourse, groping, sexual torture, child abuse, and more. These types of crimes place the perpetrators in a position of facing serious charges, such as lengthy prison time and a lifelong mark on their record as a registered sex offender. A registered sex offender can have a tough time reintegrating into society because the information is public, and they have to inform neighbors and employers of their past.
As you can imagine, the punishments for these crimes are severe. However, there are times where injustice plays a role in such punishments.
Believe it or not, there are people who file sex assault charges against others as a form of enacting revenge. All too often, when resources are limited, we see disgruntled employees or former lovers file sex assault charges. They sometimes do this to either enact revenge or get some monetary settlement out of the accused. While the crime itself is heinous, so is the crime of accusing someone of something they didn’t do – especially something that can have such long-lasting and life destroying effects!
Another case of injustice occurs when people are wrongfully identified as the perpetrators of a sex assault crime. This unfortunate occurrence does happen from time to time as well.
In either situation, the best thing the person can do in their defense is to hire a qualified sex assault lawyer to help them combat such charges.
David M. Smith is a sex assault lawyer in Chicago who has helped many people climb out of these frightening, stressful, and extremely precarious situations. It is unfair to serve time or punishment for a crime you did not commit. If the crime you are being accused of is something so earth-shaking as a sex assault crime, then you should waste absolutely no time in contacting this qualified sex assault lawyer today and securing your rights and your future.
If you have recently been charged with any of the following felonies, then you should not hesitate to find a felony attorney who can help you understand your situation, how to defend your case properly and protect your best interests.
- Murder – You have been charged with the premeditated killing of another person. This unlawful charge is heavily punished with long prison terms.
- Burglary – You have been accused of entering a building or facility with the intent to commit a crime such as theft. Depending on the circumstances of entry and the value of objects targeted, the sentences can be heavily fined and lead to incarceration.
- Vehicular Hijacking – The unlawful seizure of someone else’s motor vehicle.
- Kidnapping – You have been charged with taking someone against their will, with the intent of holding them against their will. Heavy fines and incarceration are common punishments.
- Robbery – This charge is placed if you have robbed a person or place. As with burglary, depending on the circumstances (such as if a weapon is involved) and the value of objects taken, the sentences can be heavily fined and lead to incarceration.
- Violent Crimes – Assault, battery, and even murder are considered violent crimes. The punishments are swift and firm.
- Weapons Offenses – If you have been accused of violating the regulations or statutes of gun laws, this can land you in hot water.
- Computer Crime/Sex Offenses – Many criminals have used computer technology to connect with victims, often underage, to engage them in sexual offenses such as rape or torture. The punishments are significant.
- Domestic Violence – These charges follow reports or incidences of violent behavior towards other individuals in the home, such as a spouse or children.
- Drug Charges – These felonies also come with long prison sentences and hefty Possession, delivery, and distribution of drugs are all intensely scrutinized.
- DUI – Driving under the influence of intoxicating substances endangers your life and the lives of others. The punishments can derail your life.
As is evident by each description: The penalties for felonies are life-altering.
Add to that the fact that the felony charge follows you for life, you are possibly facing a situation that will turn your life on its head and affect you for the rest of your life.
Don’t take the risk. David M. Smith is a felony attorney in Chicago and Cook County that can help you avoid the risks and fight for your best possible outcomes.